FLOOR TEAM CHI
Verve is a leading wine retailer for quality-seeking and curious drinkers. We dig wine made by small and limited production winemakers and skilled craftsmen whose connection to the land is just as important as what goes into the bottle. Our commitment to good wine in all ways means that for us, wine can be both fun and fancy, but never intimidating or exclusionary. Over 50K (and growing) wine drinkers trust us for everyday bottles, collection-worthy gems, inspiration for hanging out with friends, and everything in between. Our digital platform offers nationwide shipping and fast and convenient delivery from our brick and mortar locations in Tribeca, NYC, Pac Heights, SF (named Best Designed Wine Shop in the US) and Lincoln Park, Chicago.
This position is a member of our Floor Team and works full time from our Lincoln Park Store, engaging with customers in person, on the phone, or via email. You’ll work with our Chicago Leadership Team to grow our customer base and deepen engagement.
- Work with the store supervisor and manager to maintain an accurate inventory.
- Participate in the regular activities of working in a busy wine shop: moving cases, fulfilling online orders, assisting every guest who walks through the door or calls on the phone, maintaining a beautiful, clean, and well-organized space.
- Assist store leadership on educating other team members about the wines you know and love best.
- Make sure that every guest is made to feel welcome and given the time and attention needed to have a great experience.
- 3-5 years of work in an environment (retail, restaurant, or sales) with regular exposure to collectible wines.
- E-commerce and retail experience preferred.
- Customer obsessed, creative, and curious.
- Demonstrated sales experience and a track record of building a dedicated following.
Hit us up if you’re…
- Into drinking and talking about good wine
- A good storyteller
- Empathetic, have a hospitality-oriented customer service orientation
- Passionate about brands and e-commerce
- Innovative, collaborative, but able to drive home priorities independently