Verve is a leading wine retailer for quality-seeking and curious drinkers. We dig wine made by small and limited production winemakers and skilled craftsmen whose connection to the land is just as important as what goes into the bottle. Our commitment to good wine in all ways means that for us, wine can be both fun and fancy, but never intimidating or exclusionary. Over 50K (and growing) wine drinkers trust us for everyday bottles, collection-worthy gems, inspiration for hanging out with friends, and everything in between. Our digital platform offers nationwide shipping and fast and convenient delivery from our brick and mortar locations in Tribeca, NYC, Pac Heights, SF (named Best Designed Wine Shop in the US) and Lincoln Park, Chicago.
We’re looking to add a team member who’s deep into the world of natural wine and craft spirits. Maybe a little obsessed with one or both. You are creative, maybe with some background in design, or music, or art. You love to stay ahead of trends, tell stories in creative ways, and search out new winemakers and distillers. You thrive on creative energy and love looking for ways to get good juice in the hands of curious drinkers.
This position is a member of our Floor Team and works full time from our Tribeca Store, engaging with customers in person, on the phone, or via email. You’ll work with our New York Leadership Team to continue to search out new producers and stories and create unique in store experiences that keep the joy in wine.
- Assist the leadership team in growing our selection of natural wines and craft spirits.
- Work with the store supervisor and manager to maintain an accurate inventory of our spirits and natural wine selection.
- Build a book of customers interested in experiencing new wines, new wine experiences, and delving deeper into the world of craft spirits.
- Participate in the regular activities of working in a busy wine shop: moving cases, fulfilling online orders, assisting every guest who walks through the door or calls on the phone, maintaining a beautiful, clean, and well-organized space.
- Assist store leadership on educating other team members about the wines and spirits you know and love best.
- Make sure that every guest is made to feel welcome and given the time and attention needed to have a great experience.
- 3-5 years of work in an environment with regular exposure to natural wines, craft spirits, and / or the planning and execution of innovative events.
- E-commerce and retail experience preferred.
- Customer obsessed, creative, and curious.
- Demonstrated sales experience and a track record of building a dedicated following.
Hit us up if you’re…
- Into drinking and talking about good wine and booze.
- A good storyteller
- A creative at heart
- Love outside the box retail experiences
- Empathetic, have a hospitality-oriented customer service orientation
- Passionate about brands and e-commerce
- Innovative, collaborative, but able to drive home priorities independently